Although this isn't start up related, I found it extremely inspiring in the environmental sector. And even though Apple is far from being a start up, they were a start up at one point and, in some aspects, a good example of something to strive for.
Apple's new corporate campus will be an environmental marvel of an office building when it is finished. An existing lot covered in buildings and asphalt will be covered in over 7,000 trees when the project is done, be able to collect rainwater for use, and offer many green power alternatives for operation. Its no wonder the plan for this building is many years in the making, and as this article explains, its been worth every minute.
While this may be a project of extreme scope suited only for a technology giant such as Apple, I like to think of it as something to strive for as I move forward in business. If we start trying to positively affect our environment now, as entrepreneurs and start ups, our impact will only grow with the size of our business.
No comments:
Post a Comment